Want to share and collaborate with other institutions? Create your AAF account today!
Do you have information or data you wish to share with colleagues at other institutions, or need access to resources at other institutions?
The Australian Access Federation (AAF) facilitates effective communication and collaboration with people in higher education and research institutions within Australia and overseas. The University of Newcastle’s (UoN) participation in the AAF enables UoN researchers to leverage online research resources at other institutions to advance research within the University using their University login.
The AAF provides access to a wide range of resources including:
- data collections and data grids;
- scientific instruments, modelling and visualisation tools, and computing resources;
- collaboration environments and workspaces for virtual teams;
- scholarly resources and publications;
- eLearning resources and learning object collections; and
- national higher education and research administrative systems.
Over 30 services are currently provided by higher education and research institutions through the AAF including:
- Australian Research Collaboration Services (ARCS) DataFabric & Compute Cloud and Grid Services;
- Australian National Data Service (ANDS) Publish My Data Service (Research Data Australia);
- EGrad School (Australian Technology Network of Universities);
- CSIRO Data Access Portal;
- CAUDIT Connect & Profile and Benchmarking System; and
- Cloudstor File transfer service (AARNet).
A complete list of services can be found by visiting http://www.aaf.edu.au/servicecatalogue/
Who can access AAF?
AAF services are available to all UoN staff, associates and students. This requires a current UoN login/numberplate.