Tips for successful purchase orders
Did you know you can help ensure your Purchase Orders in TechnologyOne are sent correctly?
- Perform a Creditor Code Enquiry to be aware of your Supplier Details such as Purchase Order Transmission Method Default and Supplier Address Codes.
- When raising the Requisition choose the correct Supplier Address Code.
- If University Procurement Policy has been breached and the Requisition is being raised from an Invoice, protect from risk of resupply by including at the beginning description of the Good or Service wording such as "Confirmation of Invoice Number # invoice date xx/xx/xxxx".
- Communicate to your Approver using the Notes feature in the Attachments section of the requisition. Your Approver (including Secondary Approver if activated) will be able to see the Note when the requisition is opened or by clicking on Workflow Items Task/Purchase Reqn UoN Attachment link.
- Communicate to your Approver using the Comments box when you hit the Submit for Approval. e.g. "Please OPEN the item in your workflow, click Approve and send/Print Order, Change the Transmission to send the email to my email NOT the default supplier email OR Refer to the Note in Attachments". Your Approver (including Secondary Approver if activated) will be able to see these Comments in the Workflow screen or by clicking on Workflow Items Task/Task Details.
- When an Approver (including Secondary Approver if activated) opens the item and clicks on Approve and Send/Print Order, copy the requisitioner’s user ID while you have the comments box open. This can be used with '@newcastle.edu.au' to replace the supplier's email address if advised by the requisitioner to do so through a Note or Comments.
Please see Blackboard for screenshot documents and quick application demonstrations.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org