Disability Employment Strategy
Are you a manager who is looking for reliable, productive and affordable new team members?
Would you like assistance with paying their salary?
Then, why not consider employing someone through the University of Newcastle's partnership with Workfocus Australia?
The role of Workfocus Australia as the National Disability Recruitment Co-ordinator (NDRC) is to provide assistance and support to employers across Australia who are committed to creating opportunities for people who have a disability.
Did you know that 20% of Australians have a disability, with approximately 90% of these disabilities being invisible?
According to JobAccess Australia, employees with a disability are:
- Reliable - people with disability take fewer days off, take less sick leave and stay in jobs longer than other workers
- Productive - once in the right job, people with disability perform as well as other employees
- Affordable - recruitment, insurance cover and compensation costs are lower. People with disability have fewer compensation incidents and accidents at work in comparison to other employees.
The Equity & Diversity Unit with the support of HR can provide you with a:
- a one-stop-shop service which includes free practical information, advice and support,
- a convenient, transparent and consistent single point of contact to streamline the recruitment process,
- access to new Commonwealth disability employment initiatives, innovations, wage support schemes and incentives, and
- access to experienced and qualified professionals with skills and knowledge relating to workplace assessment and adjustment for people with a disability.