The Centre for Teaching and Learning celebrate success
They did it! Why not “Drop-in” and see?
Congratulations to the Blackboard Support Team on the successful installation of Blackboard Learn 9.1.
You will notice significant changes to the user interface and the way you add or modify content within your course site. There are a lot less clicks and you can utilise the new drag and drop functionality.
You can check out the new teaching and learning features here
Don't forget, help is still available
Over the next few months CTL eTeaching support team will be holding a number of preparation sessions for staff.
- Make sure you read the 5 Key Skills to getting started in Blackboard Learn 9.1
- Come to our drop-in sessions
- Register through HRonline to attend a Hands on Training Session
- You can access our e-support team
- There's also Blackboard's On Demand Learning Centre , and
- Don't forget about Blackboard's Online Help manual, which can be accessed through the control panel
- Teaching in the Online Environment is also a great resource
Here is more information about the upgrade and sessions.
Echo, echo, echo… be prepared for Lectopia's upgrade to EchoSystem in Semester 1
EchoSystem is replacing Lectopia as the lecture capture system used by the University of Newcastle. It automatically creates, produces, manages and shares instructional content for student review anytime, anywhere.
Prior to the launch at beginning of Semester 1, staff from CTL's Teaching Spaces Support and Academic Development will be holding a number of preparation sessions for staff.
- Echo in 30 Minutes - information sessions are designed to provide staff with 4 easy steps on how to book, record, manage and publish lecture recordings to students via Blackboard V9.1. Participants will also have the opportunity to be introduced to new features available in EchoSystem.
- Drop-in sessions will allow staff to meet with members of the Teaching Spaces Support, EchoSystem support team to address specific questions about EchoSystem.
Staff may access the Centre for Teaching and Learning's eTeaching support team during business hours on extentions 15843 and 12077 or at email@example.com