UoN staff walk around the world
From May to September this year, 46 teams made up of 322 staff set off on the world's largest and most exciting corporate health initiative, the Global Corporate Challenge.
So, how did our UoN teams fair? Excellent is an understatement.
Check out the following stats about our teams' success and how this has helped change their lives:
- They walked around the world 6.7 times
- The average daily step count was 12,445. (24% above the World Health Organisation's recommendation)
- They each burnt 502 calories per day
- They walked an average of 8.0km per day
- 77% of individuals took a walk at lunch
- 47% decreased their car usage
- 74% opted to take the stairs
- 63% encouraged their family and friends
- They saved 3,650 tonnes of CO2, which equates to planting and maintaining 21,000 trees!
- 78% reported increased energy levels
- 55% reported improved quality of sleep
- 66% reported an improved ability to manage stress
- 43% reported a loss in weight
- Total reported weight loss is 215kg!
And last, but not least...
We were Australia's Most Active Organisation (in the category of 20-49 teams)!
Congratulations to all who participated!
The 2012 challenge starts May 24th and ends September 12th 2012. If you would like more information visit our website