Annual Leave Objectives
- To exhaust the current year's Annual Leave accrual during that year
- To reduce any accruals from previous years
- Generally achieving a situation where a staff member's annual leave balance is a maximum of four (4) weeks' at any time
- Staff may negotiate a Leave Plan that varies from the above if they are seeking to build up accrual for an extended absence. This must be clearly planned for and a commitment made to take the leave within two (2) years.
Annual Leave Plan - further information
- Staff members are required to take a minimum of four weeks Annual Leave during a calendar year.
- If a staff member has more than four weeks accrued Annual Leave, ie over and above the four week allocation for the year, the plan should lead to a reduction of this accrual to a maximum of four weeks at any one time.
- The objective at point 2 is not to be regarded as approval or encouragement for staff to accrue up to four Annual Leave.
- The plan should take into account leave required to be taken over the Christmas Closedown period. Click here for information regarding the Christmas Closedown.
At the start of 2011 a staff member with seven weeks Annual Leave accrued could plan to take the following leave which would result in a final accrued balance of three weeks:
|Plan to take||6 weeks A/L = 4 weeks plus 2 weeks of accrued leave||5 weeks A/L = 4 weeks plus 1 week of accrued leave||5 weeks A/L = 4 weeks plus 1 week of accrued leave|