Professional staff Annual Leave objectives
- To exhaust the current year's Annual Leave accrual during that year
- To reduce any accruals from previous years
- To achieve a situation where a staff member's annual leave balance is a maximum of four (4) weeks' at any time
- Staff may negotiate a Leave Plan that varies from the above if they are seeking to build up accrual for an extended absence. This must be clearly planned for and a commitment made to take the leave within two (2) years.
Annual Leave Plan - further information
1. Staff members are required to take a minimum of four weeks Annual Leave during a calendar year.
2. If a staff member has more than four weeks accrued Annual Leave, ie over and above the four week allocation for the year, the plan should lead to a reduction of this accrual to a maximum of four weeks at any one time.
3. The objective at point 2 is not to be regarded as approval or encouragement for staff to accrue up to four weeks Annual Leave.
4. The plan should take into account leave required to be taken over the Christmas Closedown period. Click here for information regarding the Christmas Closedown.
At the start of 2011 a staff member with seven weeks Annual Leave accrued could plan to take the following leave which would result in a final accrued balance of three weeks:
|Plan to take||6 weeks A/L = 4 weeks plus 2 weeks of accrued leave||5 weeks A/L = 4 weeks plus 1 week of accrued leave||5 weeks A/L = 4 weeks plus 1 week of accrued leave|