First Aid Induction
The role of the First Aid Officer is to:
- provide first aid assistance to staff, students and visitors to the best of their training.
- ensure First Aid Kits in the area are fully stocked in accordance with WHS Act 2011.
- report incidents and list first aid provided through the Online Incident Report Form.
- complete appropriate refresher courses as required.
- during an evacuation First Aid Officers should take a portable first aid kit with them when leaving the building. First Aid Officers are to leave the first aid kit behind if the kit is not easily accessible when evacuating the building.
There are currently over 100 First Aid Officers (FAOs) covering the Callaghan, City, Ourimbah and other University staffed sites. A list of all FAOs can be accessed from this link.