The University of Newcastle is committed to providing an accessible, supportive and flexible environment for all staff and students, including those with family responsibilities.
The University recognises that:
- Family responsibilities impact on all aspects of an individual's life and are not confined to the 'private' sphere
- Family responsibilities affect both women and men
- Families are diverse
- Students and staff should have access to the same educational and employment conditions regardless of their family responsibilities
- Leave and benefits should be reasonably provided to accommodate the roles of students and staff with respect to these family or carer responsibilities
- The provision of on campus child care is a crucial element in allowing staff and students to meet their parenting responsibilities
The University provides comfortable and private facilities for breastfeeding and/or expressing and storing breast milk, or changing baby in the following locations:
Hunter Building: HC09
McMullin Building: MC169
Richardson Wing: RW 1-31
All facilities have baby change table, nappy disposal unit, microwave, fridge, sink and comfortable chair.