Video conferencing Policies
The following policies should be observed when using the video conferencing facilities at the University of Newcastle.
- Facilities should be operated in accordance with the code of practice of The University of Newcastle.
- ‘Internal client’ refers to staff of The University of Newcastle (including staff of the Central Coast Campus) for teaching or University administration usage.
- Support staff will not be present during video conference sessions unless specifically requested by the client. (A charge may be levied for this service.)
- If support staff are requested by a client during a session, proceedings will remain confidential.
- If a session is to be recorded (video or audio) this fact should be announced to all participants at all sites in the session.
- Observers to any session must be announced to all participants in the session.
- The Institution will not reveal whether a session has occurred unless requested to do so by due legal authority.
- University Telstra accounts for ISDN calls are itemised and clients should be aware that all numbers called must be accounted for.
- The University of Newcastle will not accept liability as a result of a conference not taking place or interruptions due to unforeseen circumstances, network failure, equipment failure or power supply failure. These circumstances must be considered when organising a conference and users should have alternative arrangements in place for such an event.