Video conferencing at The University of Newcastle
Staff at the University of Newcastle may use the video conferencing facilities for University business. Charges may be levied for some services. Examples of the uses of video conferencing include:
- Teaching to remote students
- Interviews of overseas job applicants for positions
- Collaboration between remotely located research groups
- Meetings of remotely located people unable to meet in person due to time/cost constraints
- Presentations at remote conferences
- Teaching presentations to two or more locations simultaneously (face-to-face, seminar, lecture)
Video conference venues
There are four timetabled video conference venues located on the Callaghan Campus and one video conference venue on the Ourimbah campus designated for general video conference use. For more information on the video conference venues please visit Venues.
How to use video conferencing
Basic user training sessions for individuals or small groups are available on request. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions
Please click here to view Frequently Asked Questions and responses relating to the use of video conferencing.
Support staff charges
Please email email@example.com to obtain video conference after hours and weekend staff support rates.
Feedback on video conferencing
We welcome your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve our service. If you wish to provide us with any feedback on this service please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge and investigate all client feedback.