Professional Certificate in University Assessment
Whatever your faculty, discipline or field of expertise, assessing student learning is an integral component of teaching. CTL's new professional certificate is designed to promote best practice in assessment design at a practical level, while also accommodating challenging work schedules.
By the end of this certificate program, staff will be able to:
- Identify the pros and cons of formative and summative assessment
- Select the most suitable method of assessment
- Assess and mark student work in a fair and expedient fashion
- Provide constructive student feedback that enhances learning and promotes student success
Certificate participants will need to complete a minimum of six sessions within a single academic year.
The following two core sessions are mandatory and will be offered in 2014.
- Principles of Assessments | 24 February 2014
- Devising Grading Schemes | 26 February 2014
Participants may choose the four remaining sessions from the following options. See session times and dates and book here.
Category 1: Diversity of Assessment (Minimum two)
Creating multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
Written assessments: short answers and essays
Effective group projects
Category 2: Marking and Feedback (Minimum two)
Rubrics and portfolios
Preparing constructive feedback for students
Assessment of teaching
To register for this certificate, click here. For more information, contact CTL or call 4921 5350.
All these sessions are open for academic staff to attend regardless of whether or not you are undertaking the Professional Certificate.