Professional Development Sessions
Course Design Retreat | 29 January OR 20 February 20149am-4pm, L259 Auchmuty Library
Quality course design is essential for student success. CTL’s course design retreats give you an opportunity to evaluate your course and target areas for further development. You’ll map your course, align appropriate assessments with learning outcomes, identify workload efficiencies and areas where educational technologies can be leveraged. This practical session is open to course coordinators who are developing an existing course or designing a new one.
For a course design retreat tailored to your discipline or group, contact CTL.
Professional Certificate in University Assessment
Whatever your faculty, discipline or field of expertise, assessing student learning is an integral component of teaching. CTL's new professional certificate is designed to promote best practice in assessment design at a practical level, while also accommodating challenging work schedules.
By the end of this certificate program, staff will be able to:
- Identify the pros and cons of formative and summative assessment
- Select the most suitable method of assessment
- Assess and mark student work in a fair and expedient fashion
- Provide constructive student feedback that enhances learning and promotes student success
Fundamentals in University Teaching Certificate
This certificate is designed to orient sessional academic staff to teaching in the university setting.
Sessional staff and RHD students are welcome to complete this certificate.Outcomes of this certificate include:
- Orientation to university teaching policies and procedures
- Introduction to teaching activities, techniques and technologies relevant to university teaching
- Development of a teaching portfolio to include in your academic curriculum vitae