The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) supports academic staff in their pursuit of teaching excellence and learning success.
We work with you at all stages of your career, whether you are new to teaching, a sessional staff member or someone who is interested in further developing your teaching practice.
Our professional development sessions can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your course, Faculty or School. Alternatively, experienced academics are available to work with you on an individual basis.
Our support includes:
- Develop your teaching skills with our professional development programs.
- Add to your teaching credentials by undertaking a certificate program.
- Our orientation programs support new teaching staff.
- We provide course design retreats, advice on marking rubrics and assessment structures, constructive feedback and more.
- For help with Blackboard and e-teaching, contact UoNline Support
- Our Blended and Online Learning Design (BOLD) lab can help you plan, design and create innovative online learning tools.
- We can help you gather evidence of your teaching practice for your portfolio or for a grant or award application. Includes Observations of Teaching, Peer Review and Mid-Semester Feedback.
- Individual consultations for specific assistance.
- For practical teaching ideas and tip sheets, see Teaching Resources.
- Keep up to date with the latest teaching and learning news by subscribing to our monthly newsletter, CTL Connect.
Book your Mid-Semester Feedback now!
CTL makes it easy for you to receive anonymous feedback on your teaching and course content from your students. Bookings are now being taken to get feedback between Week 4 and Week 7. This proactive approach enables you to implement any adjustments and make real improvements in your teaching during semester, resulting in higher student engagement and overall student satisfaction. Register here
All Sorts of Students
CTL are gathering all sorts of students who are willing to give feedback and share their learning experiences of both face-to-face teaching and the online environment. Members of the group will form student panels and take part in the Equip series, which are workshops for academic staff who wish to further develop and enhance their teaching skills. Your genuine comments form an integral component of the Equip process, with the end result better teaching and a more positive experience for students. Participation is voluntary and the estimated time commitment is 1-2 hours. All participants will receive a certificate of acknowledgement and a lolly bag to take home. To register your interest, contact email@example.com or call 4921 5350
Need assistance with Academic skills, English Language support or Maths?
Learning Development works with students and academic staff to help all students learn and write effectively at all stages of their degree program > Find out more
Need an Individual consultation?
Learning Development offers individual consultations so you can discuss your assessment tasks and study processes > Find out more...
Prefer to attend a Workshop?
Learning Development workshops are available at all stages of your degree, from enabling students to Research Higher degree Find out more...
Learning online and need assistance with Blackboard?
The UoNline website, includes various resources for the teaching technologies you use when you login to UoNline. It is available for students to help you better understand online learning technologies at UoN Find out more...