UoN Grants, Awards and Fellowships
The Teaching and Learning Project Grants are:
- designed to promote and support the development of unique initiatives;
- focused on enhancing the quality of teaching and learning and the student experience at the
- University of Newcastle; and
- intended to foster a culture in the University that nurtures and supports that primary objective.
UoN Awards are designed to recognise and reward staff members who have made a substantial, significant contribution to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning. Each year the University of Newcastle recognises academic and general staff for their achievements in teaching and learning through several categories of awards:
UoN Vice Chancellor's Citations and Teaching Awards
Vice-Chancellor's Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Teaching Excellence and Learning Support & Vice-Chancellor's Award for Programs that Enhance Learning
Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Teaching Excellence for Sessional Staff
Contact the Executive Officer in the Faculty
University of Newcastle Teaching and Learning Fellowships
The Teaching and Learning Fellowships Program supports a small number of leading educators within the University to undertake a collaborative project with the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
The aim of the Fellowship Program is to promote and support excellence in teaching and learning in higher education, particularly within the University of Newcastle, by supporting individuals who have the educational expertise and leadership skills to:
- Devise a significant project or program of activities that will advance teaching and learning within the University
- Identify educational issues within the University and facilitate approaches to address these issues
- Stimulate strategic change within the University
- Raise the profile of teaching and learning within the University and the prestige associated with the pursuit of excellence in teaching.
Teaching and Learning Fellowships are offered at a maximum of $15,000.00. The workshop and application period will be announced by the DVC(AGR) in Semester 2, with successful Fellowships commencing in the first semester of the following year.