Support for Teaching and Learning Grant and Award Nominees and Applicants
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) offers support and advice for staff wishing to apply for teaching and learning awards, grants and fellowships. If you are considering applying for a teaching and learning grant, fellowship or award, please contact CTL Grants and Awards Officer to discuss your proposal and the options available to you.
CTL support includes the following:
- 1 on 1 assistance to support you identify your strengths and areas you would like to strengthen
- Advice on developing a teaching portfolio
- Reflective practice techniques
- Gathering evidence
Each Grant, Award and Fellowship also has a CTL Support Period. This support period, on average, is six weeks leading up to the awarding or granting institution's application closing date.
- Workshops and seminars on how to complete applications
- Assistance in preparing all application components
- Arrangement of mentoring from previous award winners
- Assistance with submission procedures
Important information for applicants
Important information for anyone considering applying for a teaching and learning grant (lead or partner) or nominating for a teaching award to an external institution:
All Grant, Award and Fellowship applications to external institutions must be submitted via CTL.
- CTL provides support to assist with the completion of applications, including mentoring, workshops and editing.
- Head of Institution endorsement (lead or partner) is arranged by CTL.
- The final due date for applications is at least 48 hours before the scheduled dispatch time (refer to CTL deadline) in order that all necessary administration can be completed and endorsement can be obtained.
- By the final due date, applicants must supply the number of copies required by the funding body plus one for CTL.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning conducts workshops and seminars that provide information and advice on applying for:
- Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Teaching Excellence, and
- Vice-Chancellor's Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning.
These workshops and seminars will be conducted by staff within the Centre for Teaching and Learning and previous award winners. Applicants are strongly encouraged to participate in the workshops and seminars scheduled for each award offering.
Previous award winners and others are available on request to assist nominees. The Centre for Teaching and Learning are able to match nominees with a mentor in their discipline area, and/or provide a reader from outside the discipline area to ensure that stated objectives are able to be understood.
Useful Resources and Sites
- Writing an ALTC Grant Application
Please contact the Grants and Awards Officer ( email@example.com) for a copy of this document.
- Televised interviews with Dr Elizabeth McDonald, ALTC (University of Southern Queensland)
- Teaching Portfolios (http://www.nteu.org.au/library/teaching_portfolio)
- Student evaluation information and resources (http://www.newcastle.edu.au/unit/planning-quality-reporting/)
- Database of successful citations and awards at the National level (PDF) (http://www.olt.gov.au/list-awards)