Teaching Spaces Support (TSS) Callaghan and Ourimbah Campus
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is committed to the delivery of quality services to our customers. Our aim is to satisfy our customer's current and future needs with services that meet their perception of quality and conform to the University's mission, plans, regulations and external legal requirement.
Staff in Teaching Spaces Support provide advice, consultation, user-training, project planning, system design, and support services to faculties and schools on an extensive range of audiovisual technologies and resources used in the University's learning environments.
TSS staff also provide service and support for online teaching technologies such as EchoSystem (lecture capture / recording) , Video Conferencing, MP3, and podcasting.
Planning, designing and supporting our teaching and learning environments
The Teaching Spaces Support team provides a range of services to support teaching and learning at the University of Newcastle. These include
- Audiovisual presentation equipment services to classrooms and lecture theatres;
- Maintenance and repair of audiovisual equipment in student learning areas;
- Support of University corporate functions;
- Advice to faculties and schools on technology installations;
- Monitoring of physical maintenance (lights, seats, etc.) of teaching areas;
- Support and administration of the University's videoconference facilities; and
- Support and administration of the EchoSystem lecture recording/streaming system.
Hours of Operation
- 8am to 6:15 pm Monday to Friday during semester teaching time
- 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday out of Semester teaching time
- 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday during semester teaching time
- 8:00am to 3:30pm out of University semester teaching time
The IT Service Desk is available from 8.00am to 6:00pm Monday to -Friday during semester time. Messages can be left at any time on the IT Service Portal.
Contact for Support
- Calls for technical support can be made to the IT Service Desk on ext. 17000.
- Telephones in lecture theatres have a Hotline button that will connect you to TSS staff
- Email to email@example.com