The Student Exchange Peer Advisor Program
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic volunteer Student Exchange Peer Advisors to work with the International Office during 2013. Participation in our program will give you the chance to meet exchange students from around the world and join in fun activities! This is a terrific way to boost your resume and gain valuable experience in international education. Upon completion of the Student Exchange Peer Advisor Program you will:
- Receive 30 iLEAD points, for successful completion (gain up to 60 points).
- Receive a Certificate of Appreciation.
- Be encouraged to develop an online Profile/CV for career purposes.
Tasks would include (but not limited to), Peer Advising and participation at International Office Events:
- Be in contact with up to 8 students going overseas, discussing your experience and providing encouragement.
- Facilitate networking opportunities between students going on exchange and international students currently studying at the University of Newcastle.
- Be required to complete a minimum of 20 hours peer advising.
International Office Events
- Represent the University at events and activities such as O-week, Open Days, Schools Visit Days, Student Experience and Community Engagement (SECE) activities, iLEAD promotions, and the Student Exchange Fair.
- Selected individuals will conduct presentations about their experience at School and Faculty events.
- Be required to complete a minimum of 10 hours participating in International Office Events.
To become a Student Exchange Peer Advisor you would need to be/have:
- A current student of the University of Newcastle
- Previously completed an exchange with the University of Newcastle
- An interest in international culture and education
- Well organised and reliable
- Passionate about meeting new people
To apply for a position, please complete the online Expression of Interest.
All prospective advisors for Semester 2 2013 onwards, will be contacted prior to the start of each semester.