Computer Literacy: Switch on to University Computing Skills
Callaghan and Ourimbah campuses
Switch on to University Computing Skills is a short, 12-hour computer literacy course for students preparing to study at university. You may be a little rusty or not confident about some of the computer technology skills and online learning software you need to use as a new student. This course is designed to introduce you to the University’s computer systems and to provide a hands-on experience for those not familiar with navigating around a computer.
To decide if this course is suitable for you try this quiz:
- Do I know how to use my student card for printing?
- Can I use NUmail (student email) to send a file attachment?
- Can I look up my assignment marks on the online course Blackboard site?
- Do I know how to use Blackboard to submit an assignment?
- Do I know how to backup my assignment files?
- Do I find it a breeze to create Word documents?
- Can I produce a captivating PowerPoint presentation?
If you answered NO to any of these questions then this course could be just what you need.
- logging on, printing and file management
- university computer systems, including Blackboard and NUmail
- using the internet for research
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint software
Students need to bring their student number and password to class. It is also recommended that students provide a USB device for storage of work.