Callaghan and Ourimbah
This course is designed to refresh your memory of mathematics and requires a basic level of numeracy and algebraic skills. It is suited to students enrolling in Intermediate Mathematics or Extension Mathematics in the Open Foundation and/or Yapug programs, or Advanced Mathematics in the Newstep program.
Note: The course is not suitable for students enrolling in Introductory Mathematics.
- natural numbers, prime numbers
- integers, dealing with negative numbers
- surds, Pythagoras’ Theorem
- order of operations
- Index Laws and Log Laws
- algebra, expanding, gathering, factoring, squaring
- equations, simultaneous equations, quadratic equations
- graphing: straight lines and parabolas
Note: Students will require a Scientific Calculator for the course.