How to Apply
Download and complete the IELTS Application Form and follow the instructions in the checklist below. Applications can be submitted in person at our office or by mail to the following address:
IELTS - The Language Centre
University of Newcastle
Callaghan, NSW 2308
IELTS candidates living in the Newcastle area should visit the IELTS office to have their photo and fingerscan taken at least 1 week before test day.
- Ensure you have fully completed and signed the application form
- Include a photocopy of your passport expiry date and photo page
- Include 2 recent, identical passport sized photos
- Download the Refund/Transfer form. Complete and sign this form, and include it with your application.
- Make your payment of $330.00 (GST free) by:
- Bank cheque of postal money order made payable to The University of Newcastle.
- Visa or Mastercard by completing and returning the Payment Options form.
- Cash or Card - please pay in person at the University of Newcastle Cashiers Office in the Student Services Centre (Hunter Hub) at the Newcastle (Callaghan) campus.
- Submit your application with all of the above checklist items completed and included.
Confirmation of your placement in a test will be sent to you by mail or email 7-10 days after your application is received and payment has been processed.
What if I need to postpone or cancel my application?
If you postpone or cancel your application more than 5 weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund or be transferred to your chosen date. If you postpone or cancel within 5 weeks of the test date, you will be charged the full fee unless you have a medical reason.
What if I am absent or sick on the test day?
If you are away on the test day with no prior notice, you will lose your full fee. However, if you provide a medical certificate within 5 days of the test date, you will receive a refund.
For more information on IELTS please visit the following website: www.ieltsessentials.com