Quality Assurance Engineer» search for more Jobs
Quality assurance engineers work across a variety of industries in the planning, development, maintenance and evaluation of quality standards in the production of goods and delivery of services. They use statistical methods to identify problems in the manufacturing and quality assurance processes of factories, production lines and organisations. They ensure that end products and services meet customer expectations and quality legislation.
Quality assurance engineers balance health and safety issues, environmental standards, cost-effectiveness and efficiency in the manufacture of products and services. Typical activities may include:
- Promoting quality of products and performance in organisations.
- Evaluating existing standards of health and safety.
- Identifying relevant quality-related training and delivering training.
- Ensuring compliance with national and international quality legislation.
- Recalling defective products.
- Liaising with customer representatives.
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
Some organisations find it desirable for applicants to have attained up to date, relevant ISO 9001 (Quality assurance training or Capability Maturity Model (CMMI) practitioner/assessor training.
For more information, see the Australian Organisation for Quality, Inc.