Integrated Communications Specialist» search for more Jobs
Integrated communications specialists work as part of a team that devise and co-ordinate advertising campaigns for organisations to encourage consumers to purchase particular products or services. This may involve:
- discussing products to be advertised with clients, and obtaining information such as marketing research, pertinent to a successful advertising campaign
- briefing the creative team, media planners and researchers on client requirements
- developing conceptual designs for advertisements
- presenting draft campaigns to clients including expenditure summaries, and negotiating and arranging modifications if required
- supervising and co-ordinating relevant production departments to meet deadlines and budget requirements
- keeping in contact with the client and dealing with problems as they arise assisting the client with marketing strategies
- assisting the client with marketing strategies
It is important for a person in this type of career to be creative, imaginative, have good communication, analytical and organisation skills, and be able to work well under pressure individually and in a team environment.
There are a number of roles that can be entered into in a team for which you may need one or two majors in Advertising, Marketing, Film, Media, or Commerce, and work experience in the industry is highly recommended. Postgraduate study may be required as it is a highly competitive industry to enter.