Early Childhood/ Pre-school Director» search for more Jobs
The main role of the Director of a pre-school or child care centre is to oversee the management and delivery of quality early childhood/ pre-school programs taking responsibility for pedagogical leadership and reporting to the centre's management board or committee. The main duties include:
- Ensuring that the centre complies with all educational and care/safety guidelines and regulations
- Managing, leading and mentoring centre staff, including implementing comprehensive training and development programmes
- Managing the facility's physical resources and taking responsibility for financial management
- Promoting the centre's services and building strong community partnerships through engagement with key community stakeholders
- Spending time with children and parents
Directors of pre-schools require a passion for early childhood education, management experience and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people including staff, parents and children. They also need strong leadership abilities and the ability to train and inspire staff.
Directors hold tertiary qualifications in early childhood education, have significant experience in teaching and have a sound knowledge of teaching and learning practices in the early childhood specialty, including an in-depth understanding of the national Early Years' Frameworks and experience implementing the National Quality Framework.
Principal Employment Sectors and Industry
Early Childhood/Pre-school Directors work in early childhood/pre-school centres.