Catering Manager» search for more Jobs
Catering managers plan, organise and develop the food and beverage services of organisations and businesses, whilst meeting customer expectations, food and hygiene standards and financial targets.
Typical tasks will include:
- recruiting and training permanent and casual staff;
- organising, leading and motivating the catering team;
- planning menus in consultation with chefs;
- ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed;
- budgeting and establishing financial targets and forecasts;
- monitoring the quality of the product and service provided;
- keeping financial and administrative records;
- managing the payroll and monitoring spending levels;
- maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as required;
- interacting with customers if involved with 'front of house' work;
- liaising with suppliers and clients;
- negotiating contracts with customers (in contract catering).
- setting and agreeing budgets;
- monitoring quality standards;
- overseeing the management of facilities, e.g. checking event bookings and allocation of resources/staff;
- planning new promotions and initiatives, and contributing to business development;
- dealing with staffing and client issues;
- keeping abreast of trends and developments in the industry such as menus, trends in consumer tastes and management issues.