Building Site Manager / Building Site Supervisor / Building Technician / Clerk of Works» search for more Jobs
Building site managers are responsible for coordinating construction activity on small to medium building sites. Building site managers generally, are located on site coordinating labour, materials and liaising with the architect, engineer and the client.
Most building site managers are employed by construction companies, residential builders and architectural firms, mainly in the private sector.
Building site managers may perform the following tasks:
- Provide skilled assistance to builders/ architects in planning and organising building projects by interpreting and carrying out their directions
- Interpret building plans, regulations and codes of practice in order to direct the progress of work and monitor compliance with construction documents
- Estimate costs and completion times for tendering process
- Deal with variations in contracts
- Record variations from the design drawings and specifications
- Negotiate with subcontractors and report to builder and architect
- Draw up program of works to be carried out on site