"The problem with communication... is the illusion that it has been accomplished."
George Bernard Shaw
Did you know:
- Spam is increasing 60 per cent each year
- An estimated 36 billion mails were exchanged on the Internet in 2006
- Managers spend about two hours a day on email management
- An average worker gets between 60 – 200 emails each day
- Email overload results in stress and distraction from core work, costing 12 per cent in annual revenue (C. Cavanagh, Email in the Workplace: Coping with Overload, 2004)
The Make Email Work for Us campaign provides guides and tips on good email practices
Go to http://www.newcastle.edu.au/staff/make-email-work/ for more information.