Dr Sirous Mobini
|Work Phone||(02) 4921 5641|
School of Psychology
The University of Newcastle, Australia
|Office||W120, Behavioural Sciences|
I am a Clinical Psychologist and Neuropsychologist with strong research background in experimental methodology. My research mainly involves clinical applications of basic science research using translational research strategy. My overarching research goal is developing novel cognitive and behavioural interventions for anxiety disorders and depression, and impulse control disorders.
As a clinical psychologist, I have worked for more than two decades in Mental Health services and academia, first in Iran, then in the UK. I have also worked in brain injury rehabilitation centres including the Oliver Zangwill Centre for Neuropsychological Rehabilitation (OZC, Cambridge, UK), Stroke Service (Norwich, UK) and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre (UK). I worked as Clinical Lecturer in Clinical Psychology at the University of East Anglia (UK) before joining Newcastle in September 2012.
I am a Practitioner (Clinical) Psychologist registered with the UK Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC), an accredited Cognitive-Behavioural therapist with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS). I am a member of the Higher Education Academy (UK).
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of East Anglia - UK, 2010
- Post Graduate Cert in Teach & Learn in Higher Educ, University of Sussex - UK, 2007
- Master of Science (Cognitive Psychotherapy), University of Brighton - UK, 2005
- PhD (Neuropsychology), University of Nottingham - UK, 2001
- Master of Science (Clinical Psychology), Tehran Institute of Psyciatry - Iran, 1991
- Bachelor of Science (Clinical Psychology), University of Tabriz - Iran, 1987
- Experimental Psychopathology, Cognitive Bias Modification (CBM), Anxiety Disorders, Delay Discounting, Prefrontal cortext, Impulsivity, Neuropsychology, Brain Injury and Stroke rehabilitation, Cogntive-Behaviour therapy, Eating disorders
Cognitive Bias Modification (CBM) for anxiety disorders and depression
Clinical implications of information processing biases in psychopathology
Cognitive therapy and Computer-aided CBT
Cogntive, Behavioural, and Neurobiological aspects of impulsivity
Prefrontal Coretx and Impulsive Behaviour
Delay Discounting and Psychopathology
Compulsivity and Impulsivity
Stroke and Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Eating disorders and food preference
Cross-cultural Mental Health
I collaborate with my colleagues from various research-led Universities in the UK including Birmingham, Nottingham, Essex, East Anglia, Reading, Oxford, Cambridge, Southampton, and Macquarie University, University of Western Australia, University of New South Wales, University of Melbourne, University of Amsterdam, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad (Iran), Isik University (Istanbul, Turkey).
I am a member of the Priory Research Centre for Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health and the Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI) and collaborate with researchers across various disciplines.
- Persian (Excluding Dari)
Fields of Research
|170106||Health, Clinical And Counselling Psychology||50|
|170101||Biological Psychology (Neuropsychology, Psychopharmacology, Physiological Psychology)||30|
|110319||Psychiatry (Incl. Psychotherapy)||20|
Centres and Groups
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- PRC - Priority Research Centre for Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health (CTNMH)
- Clinical Psychology
Postgraduate Clinical Psychology Training Program