A/Prof. Philip Bolton
|Work Phone||(02) 4921 7020|
School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy
The University of Newcastle, Australia
|Office||MSB410, Medical Sciences|
- PhD, University of New South Wales, 1991
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Palmer College of Chiropractic, 1980
- Bachelor of Science (Physiology), University of New England, 1976
Dr Bolton has research interests in both the basic and clinical sciences. His laboratory based research focuses on studies concerning how the nervous system processes and integrates sensory information including signals resulting in the perception of pain. His clinical interests concern pain, spinal manipulative therapy and the practice of chiropractic.
Fields of Research
|111699||Medical Physiology Not Elsewhere Classified||30|
|110999||Neurosciences Not Elsewhere Classified||10|
Centres and Groups
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- PRC - Priority Research Centre for Translational Neuroscience and Mental Health (CTNMH)
Dr Bolton teaches Neurophysiology and Physiology to students enrolled in courses leading to Degrees in Medicine, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Nutrition and Dietetics, Nursing and Biomedical Science.