Dr Jose Robles Martinez
|Work Phone||(02) 4921 7188|
Research Reporting Officer
The University of Newcastle, Australia
I graduated from a PhD in Astronomy & Astrophysics at the Australian National University in 2009 and completed a first post-doctoral research position at NASA’s Space Life Sciences Laboratory at Kennedy Space Center, Florida during 2009-10. Currently I am working as a Bio-statistics Research Fellow at CSIRO, Canberra.
I have been researching, publishing and presenting scientific results for the past 8 years in wide range of disciplines e.g. experimental and observational astronomy, biology and statistics. I am adept at communicating studies outcomes to multi-disciplinary audiences including the general public. I am experienced in leading high-performance research teams and computer systems administration.
I am a very flexible individual, with excellent work ethic and communications skills that relishes the opportunity to contribute to the delivery of innovative and successful solutions to problems. In Addition, I have extensive mountaineering experience with particular skills in snow and ice travel and climbing.
• Advanced multidisciplinary research & analysis skills with numerous publications.
• Database management and complex statistical data analysis expertise.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as demonstrated by presentations at a range of national and international conferences.
• Experience leading teams of researchers for scientific and client support projects.
• Keen programmer/writer in Python, R, IDL, HTML, and MySQL.
• Extensive experience with Windows, Unix/Linux & Mac OSX as a systems’ administrator.
• The ability to learn quickly and adapt to new disciplines as highlighted by my cross-disciplinary experience working in a wide-range of disciplines and their applications.
• Ability/experience to remain calm in extreme situations and care for the safety of myself and others.
- PhD (Astronomy & Astrophysics), Australian National University, 2009
- Data Analysis
- IDL programming
- Planetary Astronomy
- Python programming
- RNA-Sequencing data processing
- RNA-Sequencing differential expression analysis
- Stellar Astronomy
Proven experience in data analysis across diverse fields of research such as Astrophysics, Astrobiology and Bioinformatics.
Extensive experience in scientific writhing, having published articles in high impact peer reviewed journals. Experience writing data analysis software and data processing pipelines. Experience in data visualization, having produced the graphs of all of my articles using IDL and R. Experience programming in IDL, R and Python.
I have had close and meaningful collaborations with the ANU, CSIRO and University of Florida.
Also, I have engaged in national and international collaborations with astronomer and computational biologists from diverse centres
Fields of Research
|020110||Stellar Astronomy And Planetary Systems||40|
Experience in computing resources maintenance at the University of Florida and at the Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics, ANU
- Introductory Bioinformatics
- Introductory Stats
Experience tutoring early PhD and Masters students in Bioinformatics, Astronomy and introductory statistics