Dr Eva Petersen
|Fax||(02) 4921 7887|
School of Education
The University of Newcastle, Australia
|Office||HC52, Hunter Building|
Eva joined the University of Newcastle in mid 2009. Before that she held academic positions at other Australian and Danish universities. By bringing together Foucauldian discourse analysis, policy sociology, actor-network theory, poststructural feminist theory and institutional ethnography she has brought new perspectives on academic cultures, work and subjectivities. Generally, she is interested in identity/subject formation in education contexts. Eva's work is published in international highly-regarded journals and she is often invited to talk at conference and seminars.
- PhD (Sociology), University of Copenhagen - Denmark, 2004
- Master of Arts, Roskilde University - Denmark, 1999
- Graduate Certificate of Higher Education, Monash University, 2009
- Academic Culture
- Equity and Diversity in Higher Education
- Gender and Feminist theory
- Higher Education Policy
- Identity Formation in Educational Contexts
- Poststructural Ethnography
- Research Methodology
Academic culture and academic identity formation; identity formation in educational contexts more broadly; lived experience of higher education policy; neoliberalism; inclusion and exclusion in higher education; gender construction and affirmative action; qualitative research; postmodern research methodologies; narrative and discourse analysis; history of ideas in education; teacher education.
Eva has a strong record of co-publishing with international and Australian colleagues on a wide range of issues.
Fields of Research
|Curriculum And Pedagogy Not Elsewhere Classified(130299)||100|
Programme and Course coordination; Honours coordination; Faculty Research Ethics Advisor; Member of the Human Research Ethics Committee; past member of inauguaral Steering Committee for Leadership Development Programme for Women (CSU); past Deputy Chair of the Danish Gender Studies Association; past Guest Editor of Scandinavian Gender Studies Journal.
- Educational Psychology
- Research Methodology (undergraduate and posgraduate)
- Sociology of Education
Research methodology at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels; educational psychology; sociology of education; history of ideas.
- EDUC4955 - Education Honours I
- EDUC4965 - Education Honours II
- EDUC4990 - Education Honours III
- EDUC6049 - Ed Res Method 2 Qualitative
- EDUC6296 - Narrative and Discourse
Educational psychology, basic and advanced research methodology, social theory, philosophy and sociology of education