Dr Brian Regan
|Work Phone||(02) 4985 4530|
|Fax||(02) 4921 5896|
School of Design Communication and IT
The University of Newcastle, Australia
|Office||ICT3-19, Ict Building|
I have been involved with examing the use of computers in health for all my academic career. Although I primarily been involved in significant teaching roles I have managed to make contributions to how privacy is protected in health information including challenging the conventional wisdom on coding, introducing the practical security issues including a patent on securing hospital systems and working with local primary care providers. Other research interests are in how systems can be developed or maintained in an orderly manner.
- PhD, University of Newcastle, 2002
- Diploma in Education, University of Sydney
- Diploma of Computer Science, University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science, University of Sydney
- Master of Computing, University of Newcastle, 1989
- Health Informatics
- Privacy Protection
- System Development Methodologies
Experience in health informatics and systems development
Software Development Methodologies
Fields of Research
|080699||Information Systems Not Elsewhere Classified||75|
|080199||Artificial Intelligence And Image Processing Not Elsewhere Classified||15|
|080499||Data Format Not Elsewhere Classified||10|
Centres and Groups
Body relevant to professional practice.
- Member - Australian Computer Society
Committee/Associations (relevant to research).
- Member - Health Informatics Society of Australia
- Member - ACM
Experience as course coordinator, program convenor, assistant dean and head of school.
- Information Systems Development
Experience in teaching all areas of information technology - programming, operating systems,
systems development and application areas, social issues related to systems development