2012 UoN Commencing Student Survey
Thank you to those students who completed the 2012 Commencing Student Survey!
Your feedback provided the University of Newcastle with a wonderful opportunity to listen, understand and respond to your experiences, perceptions and ideas.
Your feedback helps us make improvements. Since the last Commencing Student Survey in 2010 we have, among other things, streamlined the orientation experience, addressed some of the parking issues including plans to build more car parks, provided more campus signage and maps, offered more activities that suit all our students, improved wireless coverage and informed students better about what support services are available to them.
Below is a summary of what you said about your early experience at UoN in 2012.
About our Commencing Students
Many of you made the decision to attend UoN within the last 12 months.
- Your most desired goals are the opportunity to extend yourself personally, and to start a professional career;
- The UoN reputation for teaching and program quality was very important in choosing this university to study with, and;
- Advice from friends, parents and relatives was important for many of you in making your decision about what and where to study.
Your Orientation Experiences at UoN
- The majority of students found orientation very helpful in settling them into University life, although your feedback told us how we could make Orientation even better, and;
- Overall, you thought the best aspects of 'O- Week' were:
- Meeting lecturers and learning about what you are going to study;
- The campus tours which took you to the places where you are going to learn;
- Getting to know some students who you will be studying with, and;
- The helpfulness and friendliness of people around campus, particularly the supportive staff.
Your Early Learning Experiences at UoN
After three weeks at UoN:
- Most of you felt connected with the university and felt like you belong here;
- Many of you were initially a little scared at what lay ahead in terms of your study, but you feel more confident now, and we are looking at ways to help new students who might feel the same in future;
- The social opportunities of meeting new people and catching up with old friends was a fantastic high for many students, although we noticed that some of you are a bit shy, and we are working on more integrated activities for next time;
- The kindness, approachability and helpfulness of the people you met assisted you to settle in to study, however some of you still found the large classes a little daunting, and we will work on that too;
- The feeling of 'starting afreshâ€™ has excited the many of you who see university as a great chance to grow personally and professionally, and;
- You are amazed at the facilities and support services that are available to you, although sometimes the service could be a little quicker, and some of you still arenâ€™t aware of everything we offer.
You also felt that we could improve:
- Aspects of the enrolment process could be made easier and less stressful for everyone;
- Making even stronger links between some orientations sessions and your program(s) was a good idea suggested by many students;
- Making some Program Information and Enrolment Sessions (PIES) more organised
- Not giving so much information at the start of the year, so you donâ€™t get swamped and forget things, and;
- Getting earlier information relating to enrolment, study and general aspects of university life so you can plan your student life better.
If you have any questions about the above information, please email: email@example.com
Planning Quality and Reporting runs a variety of surveys at the University. If you would like to find out what others are saying about other aspects of University Life and Study, please click here.