EVALUATION: PASS RESULTS FROM 2011
At the ten week timepoint participating students were offered the opportunity to complete a quantitative survey (see attached) consisting of 12 questions. 100% of students agreed that the PASS sessions had improved their understanding of the subject content. More than 80% of students agreed with the statements that the PASS sessions had been:
- an enjoyable learning experience
- improved their problem solving and analytical skills
- assisted them in understanding how to succeed academically
- increased their motivation to complete the course
- helped manage their study time more effectively
- assisted in exam preparation
- encouraged them to take responsibility for their own learning.
Approximately two thirds of students agreed that the PASS sessions had helped them to adjust to life at University, helped create social networks, appreciate and respect diversity and helped them feel more comfortable within a group. In most cases the remaining one third were "neutral" about these topics.
Click here to view 2011 PASS results.