Statement of service
IT Services provides access to a variety of black and white and colour printers from staff desktop computers. The Staff Printing service is available to University users with University-owned assets located at :
• Callaghan campus
• City Precinct
• Ourimbah campus
Staff and research students at other locations should check with their local IT support staff regarding printing facilities.
The staff printing service is available to all University users who have been allocated a University-owned PC or Macintosh computer that conforms to the Managed Operating Environment, and who have access to a printer in their organisational unit. Generally, this service applies to University staff and Research Higher Degree students, and to TAFE staff located at the Ourimbah campus.
Users of the staff printing service must:
1. supply and install printer consumable items including paper, toner and maintenance kits
2. take responsibility for basic troubleshooting such as clearing paper jams
Users should seek advice from IT Services prior to purchasing a printer. Not all brands of printer are compatible with the University IT environment.
(Agreed value-adding outputs) Availability / Constraints:
(Include dependencies and/or constraints) Measurement / Evidence: Reference:
1. Provide access to a variety of black and white and colour printers from staff desktop computers (includes configure printer access from individual workstations, troubleshoot printer connectivity problems and install and configure new printers) Access to staff printers is generally available 24 x 7 except for scheduled maintenance periods.
Printers are purchased by individual Faculties, Schools and administrative units of the University. Access to facilities by any individual staff member will be dependant on the range of printers available in a particular area.
Support for staff printing is available from 9 am to 5pm on University working days.
2. Limited support for Multi-Function Devices (MFDs) Limited to registration on the University network and the creation of printer queues to the printing facility. No other support for MFDs is available.
Agreed Exclusions: IT Services does not:
• provide a hardware repair service for printers - users should ensure that mission critical printers are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty
• support photocopier equipment including the scanning, faxing, e-mail and printing functions of Multi-Function Devices (MFD) - users should ensure that MFDs are covered by a service or maintenance contract
Organisational units are responsible for all costs associated with printing for their staff, research students, conjoints, affiliates and visitors. These may include purchase/lease costs, upgrades, consumables, warranty coverage and repairs undertaken outside the warranty period.