Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Professional Staff Excellence
The University encourages and rewards outstanding performance by its Professional Staff through the Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Professional Staff Excellence.
Nomination is open to all professional staff (either individuals or groups) who meet the eligibility criteria.
The Awards are an opportunity to recognise and reward professional staff who have demonstrated excellence in their performance and contributed to the overall success of the University. All award recipients receive a certificate. Individual award winners receive $2,000 and winning teams receive $4,000.
Staff are recognised for outstanding performance or contribution that exceeds what would be expected in the normal performance of their duties, including:
- an exceptional achievement or success
- service to internal and external stakeholders
- an outstanding or novel initiative which has been implemented
- improvements to work procedures or operational systems
- an initiative/achievement involving cross unit cooperation
- contribution to enhancing the student experience
- exemplar of the University's code of conduct, values and upholds professionalism in all capacities when interacting with colleagues and stakeholders.
To be nominated for an award, you must be professional staff, up to and including HEW 9, ongoing or fixed term appointment normally greater than 12 months.
The majority of a group must consist of professional staff who can demonstrate their lead in the activty/project. The core group must be identified and their critical contributions and role clearly stated.
Who can nominate?
University staff, students and individuals with significant involvement in the University can noinate a staff member for an award. Staff cannot be the recipient of an individual award in two consecutive years. Only one nominator can be from outside the University.
Is self nomination permitted?
No, self nomination is NOT permitted.
How do I nominate?
The nomination form is available online: Please click on the link to download the form.
What happens if I'm nominated?
All nominees will be notified via email that they have been nominated. A formal letter will be sent at the completion of the process advising nominees of the outcome.
- A nomination requires three (3) nominators
- Nominators may be staff members, students, or individuals with significant interactions with the University
- Only one nominator may be from outside the University
- Nominations for individuals must include at least one nominator from outside the nominee’s immediate work area
- Self-nomination is NOT permissible
- Brief supporting statements are required from nominators of the nomination (a maximum of 205 words per nominator will be accepted. Nominations exceeding this word cound will NOT be accepted). Attachments will NOT be considered. Supporting statements must be signed.
- Nominations must include the signature of the nominee’s/nominees’ supervisor or equivalent
- Nominations must include endorsement from the nominee(s) Head of School / Director or equivalent
- Group nominations involving more than one unit/area need only include the endorsement of the Head of School / Director with primary responsibility for the nominated achievement / initiative / project
- Nominations must be made on official nomination forms setting out the reasons for nomination and how the nominated individual(s) have enhanced the strategic priorities of the University.