Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Professional Staff Excellence
The University encourages and rewards outstanding performance by its Professional Staff through the Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Professional Staff Excellence.
Nomination is open to all professional staff (either individuals or groups) who meet the eligibility criteria.
The Awards are an opportunity to recognise and reward professional staff who have demonstrated excellence in their performance and contributed to the overall success of the University. All award recipients receive a certificate. Individual award winners receive $2,000 and winning teams receive $4,000.
Staff are recognised for outstanding performance or contribution that exceeds what would be expected in the normal performance of their duties, including:
- an exceptional achievement or success
- service to internal and external stakeholders
- an outstanding or novel initiative which has been implemented
- improvements to work procedures or operational systems
- an initiative/achievement involving cross unit cooperation
- contribution to enhancing the student experience
To be nominated for an award, you must be professional staff, up to and including HEW 9, ongoing or fixed term appointment for greater than 12 months.
Who can nominate?
University staff, students and individuals with significant involvement in the University can nominate an eligible staff member for an award.
How do I nominate?
The nomination form is available online: The form will be available to download soon - Download Form
What happens if I'm nominated?
All nominees will be notified by mail and will receive an invitation to the awards ceremony.
- A nomination requires three (3) nominators
- Nominators may be staff members, students, or individuals with significant interactions with the University
- Only one nominator may be from outside the University
- Nominations for individuals must include at least one nominator from outside the nominee’s immediate work area
- Nominees may nominate themselves provided they have the support of their supervisor
- Nominations must be made on the official nomination form
- Nominations must include a signed brief statement from the nominator setting out:
- the reasons for the nominations; and
- how the nominated individual(s) has/have contributed to achieving the strategic initiatives of the University
- Nominations must include the signature of the nominee’s/nominees’ supervisor
- Nominations must include endorsement from the nominee(s) Head of School / Director or equivalent
- Team nominations involving more than one unit/area need only include the endorsement of the Head of School / Director with primary responsibility for the nominated achievement / initiative / project