The University of Newcastle has negotiated a number of software licence agreements with key software vendors to provide software products to the University community at the lowest possible cost.
IT Services manages the distribution of these licences as part of the Managed Operating Environment, maintaining software standards within the University, and satisfying vendor licence agreements.
Subject to the conditions of each agreement, software is available for installation on University owned computers, and in some cases, personal computers belonging to staff and students of the University of Newcastle.
• IT Services will install the software version packaged in the Managed Operating Environment.
• Upgrades are not available unless a new product licence is purchased.
• The installation of licenced software must be on a University owned computer. Licenced software is installed by a member of the IT Service Desk Team either by remote deployment or onsite visit
• All University licences are for educational/academic purposes and may not be used for external or commercial work
• Licence applications provide the name of the computer on which the software is to be installed
• A separate licence must be assigned for each computer on which the software is installed
• The software licence applies to the computer nominated (not the user). A licence letter for each software licence will be forwarded to the user requesting the licence and should be kept with the computer
• Software may be transferred to another University computer by logging a job the 17triplezero IT Service Desk. The software will be transferred and an updated licence letter will be issued. The purchase of the most current version of software may be required if the older version is no longer supported
• The installation of software licences is reliant on the computer having the University recommended minimum system requirements.