Training Guiding Principles
- The timing of training is essential to its success and should always be provided just-in-time.
- Include end-to-end process understanding as part of training in any part of a process.
- Pilot (test) training prior to release.
- Train based on roles.
- Use existing trainer networks where feasible.
- Assess training outcomes. Never assume success.
- Identify trainers early and involve in training material development.
- Make it fun and reward attendance and effort.
- Allow for practice before use.
- Accept that some people will learn faster than others.
- Have a contingency plan (other option) for people who legitimately miss training sessions.
- Keep it simple.