Student Mentor Program
Student Mentors are here to help new students settle into study at the University of Newcastle.
Become a Student Mentor
Student mentors are current UoN students in their second year or higher. They understand the challenges and rewards of being a new student at the Uni, and are here to help. Student mentors are provided with online resources and attend information sessions to ensure that they are up to date with new student matters. Using their own experience and training, Student Mentors help new student by:
- sharing their tips and tricks on being a successful student
- providing advice and referrals for any new student matters
- making contact via Numail (email) each fortnight from Orientation until week 6 of semester.
- providing support and information as needed
- being available for a coffee and a chat on your campus (our shout)
*Please note that your Student Mentor may not be in the same program.
Interested in becoming a Student Mentor in 2014? Click here
Requesting a Student Mentor
If you have not been allocated a mentor, or are a continuing student, don't stress - you are still able to opt in to the Student Mentor program.
Student Mentors are volunteers and as such we may not have enough Mentors for every student. We will do our best to match you with a Mentor within 5 working days. Please note that your Student Mentor may not be in the same program, but they are still able to provide support and share their tips and tricks on being a successful student.
Want to request a Student Mentor for 2014? Click here