PINs (Personal Identification Numbers) FAQ
- Why do I need a PIN?
- When will I use it?
- How do I set up my PIN?
- What if I forget my PIN?
- How do I change my PIN?
1. Why do I need a PIN?click to hideclick to show
Personal Identification Numbers (PINS) are used for security to preserve confidentiality of your records.
2. When will I use it?click to hideclick to show
You will be asked to enter a PIN when:
- Accessing MyLibrary to:
- view your loans
- renew loans
- check and manage holds and bookings, etc
- Requesting items
- Accessing Short Loans Online articles
- Making bookings
- Using the self checkout units
- Accessing online resources from off campus, e.g., databases, eJournals, eBooks
3. How do I set up my PIN?click to hideclick to show
The first time you access MyLibrary or any of the resources or services listed above, you will be prompted to set up your PIN. It should consist of 4-6 numbers. DO NOT use letters or special characters or punctuation marks.
When entering a PIN for the first time you will be asked to repeat it to confirm your choice of PIN.
The following screen will appear:
4. What if I forget my PIN?click to hideclick to show
If you forget your PIN, go to the MyLibrary Login page, and click on the Forgot your PIN? link. After entering your student or Library number you will receive an email with a link to a page that will allow you to reset your PIN. The link is only active for 3 hours. If you don't get to check your email within that time you will need to submit another PIN Reset request.
5. How do I change my PIN?click to hideclick to show
To change your PIN, go to the MyLibrary Login page. Type in your Student or Library number and your current PIN, and Display your record. Select the Modify your PIN button.
If you require assistance please contact staff at the Loans Enquiries or Information Desks