Am I Eligible to Graduate?
Completing the following checklist will enable you to assess your eligibility to graduate. Please note, you will need to resolve any outstanding issues prior to 3 May 2013 in order to ensure your eligibility to attend the Ourimbah Graduation.
Check myHub to ensure that;
- I have been awarded my degree;
- My major (for applicable undergraduate students) or specialisation (for applicable postgraduate students) is shown correctly; and
- if applicable, my level of Honours or Distinction has been added to my record.
If I have not yet been awarded my degree:
- Have I met all academic requirements (correct courses and number of units) as listed in the Program Handbook: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/program/?;
- Do I have unprocessed credit, cross institutional or exchange study applications?
Note: it is your responsibility to ensure that results from studies undertaken at another institution are received by 3 May 2013.
- Do I have incomplete professional/industrial experience/theses/projects?
Note: it is your responsibility to lodge evidence of completion of all program requirements with the appropriate person.
- Do I have incomplete grades; outstanding review of grade; supplementary assessment or deferred examination?
Note: You should check myHub for incomplete grades and ensure all grades are finalised.
Please note that if you accept an offer of a supplementary examination, you are not guaranteed to meet the deadline of 3 May 2013 for inclusion in the current graduation period.
Do you have outstanding debts to the University? Graduates who are indebted to the University are not eligible to receive their graduation documents. Please ensure you clear all debts incurred with the University prior to completing your studies.
If you still have any queries in regards to your eligibility to graduate, please contact your Program Officer (02 4921 5000) as soon as possible.
If you are deemed eligible to graduate after 3 May 2013, you will be invited to the October graduation ceremony.
Invitations to Ourimbah Graduation will be sent to eligible graduates in May 2013. If you have successfully completed your final course in Semester 2, 2012 or Trimester 3 2013, you should receive your invitation by 31 May 2013. Registration closes 6 May 2013.
Information is sent via email to your UoN email address and in hard copy to the postal address you have listed in myHub.
Please ensure that your contact details are current at all times on myHub.
Please Note: You retain your current @uon.edu.au account for life.