The University of Newcastle: Publication Guide
Issued in accordance with the New South Wales Government Information (Public Access) Act (GIPA Act) 2009
Date of Adoption: 15 December 2010
Updated 1 May 2013
The NSW GIPA Act requires the University to produce a publication guide to detail who we are, what we do and how members of the public, the media and other government agencies can interact with us.
The Publication Guide:
- describes the structure and functions of the University
- describes the ways in which the University's functions affect members of the public
- specifies any arrangements that enable members of the public to participate in the formulation of the University policy
- identifies the various kinds of information that the University makes, or will make, publicly available
- the kind of information that is, or will be, made publicly available free of charge and those kinds of information for which a charge is, or will be, imposed.
We will update the Publication Guide regularly so that it provides an accurate overview of the University and its functions as a tertiary institution.
Publication Guide Information:
For further information please call or email:
Complaints and Information Management Office
Government Information Public Access Act
Phone: + 612 49 21 5806
Fax: + 612 49 21 7151
The GIPA Act is regulated by the Office of the Information Commissioner
Phone: 1800 463 626
Fax: 02 8114 3756