SA-HELP Loan Information
What is a SA-HELP loan?
SA-HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible students to pay for all or part of their student services and amenities fee (SSAF).
The student services and amenities fee is a fee that universities and other approved higher education providers can charge for student services and amenities of a non-academic nature, such as sporting and recreational activities, employment and career advice, child care, financial advice and food services.
Students can choose to defer all or part of their fee for the relevant year.
If you use SA-HELP, the amount will be added to your accumulated HELP debt. You can take out a SA-HELP loan even if you do not wish to take out any other HELP loan.
Am I eligible for SA-HELP?
To receive a SA-HELP loan, you need to:
- be an Australian citizen or hold a permanent humanitarian visa; and
- be enrolled in a course of study with a provider
Please Note: SA-HELP is not available for non award study.
How do I apply for SA-HELP?
You will need to complete, sign and return the Request for SA-HELP assistance form by the census date.
If your SA-HELP eCAF is not submitted by the correct date you will not be entitled to a SA-HELP loan, and will need to pay the SSAF to the University.
SA-HELP eCAF form will need to be completed in MyHub and enable the SA-HELP loan to be processed.
Students who want to take advantage of the SA-HELP loan option must do the following;
- Log in to myHub during the re-enrolment period
- Click on "View My SA-HELP Ecaf" on the left hand side of MyHub under the "my Finances" tab.
- Complete the "Request for Commonwealth Assistance - SA-HELP" form (you will need to enter your Tax File Number if you have not previously supplied this to the University)
Students who don't complete an SA-HELP eCAF by census date will be required to pay the fee up front.
View a video on how to complete the eCAF form for SA-HELP.