How to Apply for Credit
You can lodge and track your credit application on-line using the Credit Application Tracking System (CATSO) see link below.
If your previous study is one of our approved arrangements you only need to supply a certified transcript.
To make a thorough judgement of your application we need you to include the following information so that your application can be properly assessed:
- An official certified copy of your academic transcript (unless the studies were completed at the University of Newcastle). If the transcript is in your previous family name, we will also need certified evidence of your name change, such as a marriage certificate or deed poll.
- Official program or course outlines, including full course description (detailing content, method of assessment, contact hours, course duration and unit value) and preferably the prescribed texts. All course information must be from official publications or handouts.
Certified Supporting Documentation
- Documents can be certified by an authorised person from a tertiary or higher education institution who will verify copies of original documents with an official stamp and signature; or by a Justice of the Peace, identified by name, address, phone number and identification number (if appropriate).
- If you need to supply documentary evidence with your application, please be sure to send only certified copies, do not send original documents.
- Please note that certified documents need to be attached to a cover sheet from CATSO and supplied in hard copy by post or in person.
Please note your credit application will not be assessed until you have submitted your certified supporting documentation to one of the following locations.