Affiliated user accounts
There are two categories of affiliated user.
Your category will determine how you apply for accounts at the University, what accounts are available to you, and the expiry of your access.
Staff employed by GradSchool.com, UoN Foundation, and UoN Services ARE NOT considered Affiliate users and should follow the normal HR staff appointment process.
Category 1 - apply using this form
Please note: completed forms MUST BE FORWARDED to HR Services for processing, not IT Services.
- UoN Singapore
- agency staff (including contractors)
- externally seconded staff
- visiting academics
- occupational trainees
- DBA supervisors
Category 2 - apply using this form
Access limited to BlackBoard, Internet from computers on campus, Maximo and GroupWise email account.
- Newcastle Innovation
- Research Higher Degree (RHD) students needing GroupWise email access
- TAFE (Ourimbah campus only)
Category 2 Account Activation
Your account username and a system generated password will be sent to your nominated email account. See sample email below:
Subject: University of Newcastle account created
Dear <firstname> <lastname>
This is to advise that your accounts have been created.
Password: <system generated password>
If you have any issues please refer to the 17triplezero website
If you requested a Groupwise account, all subsequent email will be sent to your Groupwise address.
To activateyour account, create your own password, and accept terms and conditions, go to https://identity.newcastle.edu.au
- For group registrations for General Practice Training Valley to Coast and Directors Online, please complete the Category 2 form and attach a separate list of users requiring access. Include the following details: Firstname, Lastname, Date of Birth, and Uni-ID.
Anyone not falling into one of these categories should telephone the 17triplezero IT Service Desk for advice.
Contact the 17triplezero IT Service Desk
Monday - Friday