Informal Student Complaint
If you are unsure of what action to take, please phone the University Complaints Management Office or contact the Dean of Students for further advice.
When to consult the Dean of Students
- You're not sure of your rights in a particular situation;
- You have a problem and don't know how to proceed;
- You need assistance with University procedures such as applications or appeals;
- You need information about University policies and procedures;
- You feel you have been treated unfairly or inequitably;
- You think the University has made an error in your case.
What the Dean of Students can't do
The Dean of Students acts through informal pathways to assist the resolution of complex problems. The Dean of Students may not:
- Become involved in judicial matters;
- Direct the actions of University staff;
- Change or waive University rules.
End of Questionnaire
Please return to our web page if you would like additional information regarding complaints.