The Government Information (Public Access) Act - (GIPA Act) requires that the University maintain a register that records information about each contract to which the Univerisity is a party that has (or is likely to have) a value of $150,000 or more.
The GIPA Act classifies contracts into three classes:
- Class 1 Contracts - Contracts that have a value of $150,000 or more that have followed a tender process.
- Class 2 Contracts - Class 1 Contracts to which any of the following applies:
- there has not been a tender process,
- the proposed contract followed a tender process, but the terms and conditions of the contract have been substantially negotiated with the successful tenderer,
- the duration of the contract exceeds or is likely to exceed 10 years,
- the contract involves a privately financed project as defined by guidelines published by the Treasury (as in force from time to time),
- the contract involves a transfer of a significant asset of the agency concerned to another party to the contract in exchange for the transfer of an asset to the agency.
- Class 3 Contracts - Class 2 contracts with a value of $5 million or more.
For more information about the requirements of the GIPA Act please visit the University's GIPA site.
Please click on a link below to view the University's Contract Register. Currently the University is not involved in any Class 3 Contracts.