Application forms may be paper or web based. Wherever possible:
- Make a copy before attempting to answer, this will become a working document and a copy of the final product.
- Read instructions carefully before filling out the copy.
- Think about the purpose behind each question. Some forms have questions that are similar to interview questions, What is your greatest achievement? As with selection criteria, give some detail - why is this your greatest achievement, what did you do, what difficulties overcome?
- Answer all questions.
- If a question does not apply to you - "N/A".
- Ask someone to proof read your final answers.
If submitting the form via the web, do not try to do this the day that it is due - this is the time when the system will fail or become very slow due to the volume of forms being sent.
Organisations using the web based forms will conduct all their correspondence via email:
- Make sure you don't make a typing error with your email address
- sure that you check your email regularly.