Jobs on Campus
Employ a Student
Are you looking for a student to fill a casual position on campus?
Jobs on Campus is an initiative of the Careers Service that aims to increase the number of part time and casual jobs available on campus for students of the University.
Jobs on Campus supports students to gain skills and experience that will enhance graduate employability prospects whilst allowing students to earn an income in a safe and flexible work environment.
Benefits for University Employers
- Tap into a range of new skills and ideas from motivated students
- Increased engagement with our student body
- Contribute to ongoing student graduate capabilities
Benefits for University Students
- Improved work opportunities and increased income
- Development of knowledge, skills and attributes to enhance future opportunities
- Increased student engagement with the University of Newcastle
What are suitable roles for students?
- Administration work
- Customer service
- Data entry
- Design work
- IT Support
- Laboratory assistants
- Research Assistants
- Event assistants
- Overflow work
- Project work
How can I employ a student?
There are two options available depending of your recruitment needs:
- If you have short term, one-off employment opportunities which you do not wish to formally advertise you can recruit using the Casual Job Pool. Current students who have registered their interest in securing work on campus will be sorted and matched to your job needs by their skills, availability and work experiences. Please contact the Careers Service on 49215588 or email us to access our Casual Job Pool.
- If you wish to formally advertise your job vacancy will be placed in a specific “Jobs on Campus category” within Career Hub. All current students and graduates registered on CareerHub can view vacancies. Please contact the Careers Service on 49215588 or email us to have your job advertisements added to CareerHub.
Testimonials from university staff currently employing students with Jobs on Campus
“We have found that our student employees are competent, reliable, courteous and efficient. They bring fresh enthusiasm to the workplace. We look forwarding to employing students again in the future” - Anne (staff)
“I have always found student employees to be professional, hard working and enthusiastic.“ - Elaine (staff)
“The knowledge that the students have has helped enormously with various projects. They have a range of relevant skills which they have developed through their experiences at the University." - Careers Counsellor, Careers Service - Ourimbah, Casual Administrative Staff.
Employ a Student TODAY!
Jobs on Campus is a new initiative and as a result, there may be a need to modify the business process. We appreciate your feedback. Please email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.